Senior Quality Officer
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours: 39.5 per week (Mon – Thurs: 8:00am – 5:00pm; Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm)
Harrison is an international company positioned at the forefront of the POS and retail display industries. With teams based both at both our head office and logistics operation in Evesham, we offer a wide range of items for retail stores from POS components to innovative bespoke solutions.
We believe in challenging the conventional and make sure to echo this in everything we do. We also value the power of authenticity and lead by being transparent, taking responsibility as a business to ensure that the future of retail feels good.
The Company operates Quality and Environmental Management Systems that has BS EN ISO9001:2015 (QMS) and BS EN ISO14001:2015 (EMS) Certification including aspects specific to the supply of components and equipment to the Retail Industry.
All personnel are to understand the requirements of Harrison Quality and Environmental Management Systems and encouraged to abide with Harrison Policies, Memberships and Certifications as issued from time to time and updated via the Company’s intranet.
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Senior Quality Officer to join our dynamic and fast-paced organisation. As a Senior Quality Officer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring our products and services meet the highest industry standards, while continuously improving our quality management systems.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement quality control standards and procedures, in alignment with industry best practices and applicable regulations.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of quality assurance activities, including audits, inspections, and testing.
- Conduct regular audits of processes, systems, and products to identify areas for improvement and ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement corrective and preventive actions in response to quality issues and non-conformities.
- Analyse data and generate comprehensive reports on quality performance, defect rates, and trends, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Establish and maintain effective quality control systems, including document control, change management, and training programs.
- Lead and manage a team of quality assurance professionals, providing guidance, training, and mentoring to enhance their skills and performance.
- Stay up to date with advancements in quality management methodologies and technologies and drive their implementation to enhance organisational performance.
- Promote a culture of quality excellence throughout the organisation, fostering a mindset of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, such as regulatory agencies and suppliers, to ensure adherence to quality requirements and resolve quality-related issues.
Here are the skills and experience that we’re looking for:
- Degree in quality management, Industrial Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Experience in quality management or related roles, preferably in a regulated industry.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and managing quality management systems and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of quality control standards, regulations, and best practices, such as ISO 9001, Six Sigma, or lean management principles.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to collect, analyse, and interpret complex data.
- Exceptional leadership and teamwork abilities, with the capacity to influence and motivate individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented approach with a commitment to delivering high-quality results within strict timelines.
- Professional certifications in quality management, such as ASQ Certified Quality Manager or Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
Some of the company benefits we offer include:
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 25 days holiday after 5 years’ service)
- A day off on us for your birthday
- 1.5 hour early finish once a month for appointments
- Company-funded health cash plan
- Free lunch and drinks provided daily
- On-site parking
- On-site Gym
How to Apply
If you’re familiar with the responsibilities listed above and interested in working for Harrison, please don’t hesitate to apply today.
Send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Lead Sophie Egan: Sophie.Egan@harrisonproducts.com