Senior Quality and Compliance Officer
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours: 39.5 per week (Mon – Thurs: 8:00am – 5:00pm; Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm)
Harrison is an international company positioned at the forefront of the POS and retail display industries. With teams based both at both our head office and logistics operation in Evesham, we offer a wide range of items for retail stores from POS components to innovative bespoke solutions.
We believe in challenging the conventional and make sure to echo this in everything we do. We also value the power of authenticity and lead by being transparent, taking responsibility as a business to ensure that the future of retail feels good.
We’re looking for a Senior Quality and Compliance Officer to manage all aspects of quality, governance, and compliance within the business.
As Senior Quality and Compliance Officer, you’ll be the subject matter expert for all things quality and will develop, lead, and implement the strategy for the business whilst ensuring that appropriate levels of governance and compliance are in place.
You’ll own and develop quality planning and assurance policies, procedures and systems across all business activities, through the creation of a quality management system. You’ll also promote an awareness of the importance of quality standards and a continuous improvement mindset throughout the business, and take ownership of any quality concerns raised, addressing these effectively.
Working closely with department managers, you’ll review all departmental policies for compliance issues and be responsible for achieving all the relevant ISO, Ecovadis and Carbon footprint accreditations. This is an excellent career opportunity for anyone with the determination and capability to succeed.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Owning the Project-Lite quality planning tool and making decisions at Project-Lite meetings.
- Assessing quality implications via customer enquiries and supporting quality investigations.
- Overseeing supplier quality assessments, reporting on the suitability of suppliers, maintaining the required inspection standards and making recommendations, and collating and reporting on supplier quality assurance data strategically.
- Product quality planning and sign-off for new product designs/drawings, ensuring all necessary specifications and tolerances are accurately detailed, assessing all quality risks and continuously reviewing past experiences.
- Advising on whether prototypes are fit for purpose and defining the acceptance criteria for prototype samples.
- Approving proposed production tooling and processes, and specifying required controls.
- Defining required receiving inspection standards.
- Supporting the process of project reflection and lessons learned for each major project.
- Defining and maintaining requirements in order to achieve quality accreditations such as ISO 9001, and driving audit processes in line with this (including environmental accreditations and compliance).
- Advising on quality accreditations required by suppliers and the actions necessary to achieve them.
- Supporting all company divisions in the creation of quality and compliance SOPs.
Here are the skills and experience that we’re looking for:
- Proven knowledge and competence in quality and environmental disciplines.
- Problem-solving skills using specific analysis tools.
- Strong organisational skills, including practical experience and knowledge of auditing and compliance with relevant accreditation standards.
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead strategic quality initiatives and champion the company’s vision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively in multi-functional teams.
- ‘Hands on’, practical knowledge of the quality aspects involved in the manufacture of plastic parts by extrusion and injection moulding.
- Sound decision-making and communication skills, with the ability to present logically and influence senior management.
- An agile mind-set, with the flexibility and positive disposition required of a key player in a small, fast-moving business.
- Experience of working with Far East and Southern Asian suppliers would be advantageous.
Some of the company benefits we offer include:
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 25 days holiday after 5 years’ service)
- A day off on us for your birthday
- 1.5 hour early finish once a month for appointments
- Company-funded health cash plan
- Free lunch and drinks provided daily
- On-site parking
- Hybrid remote working opportunities
How to Apply
If you’re familiar with the responsibilities listed above and interested in working for Harrison, please don’t hesitate to apply today.
Send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Lead Sophie Egan: Sophie.Egan@harrisonproducts.com