Commercial Project Manager
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours: 39.5 per week (Mon – Thurs: 8:00am – 5:00pm; Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm)
Department: Harrison Retail
Reports To: Commercial Team Manager
Harrison is an international company positioned at the forefront of the POS and retail display industries. With teams based at our head office and logistics operation in Evesham, we offer a wide range of solutions for retail stores from POS components to innovative bespoke designs.
We believe in challenging the conventional and make sure to echo this in everything we do. We also value the power of authenticity and lead by being transparent, taking responsibility as a business to ensure that the future of retail feels good.
The Company operates Quality and Environmental Management Systems that has BS EN ISO9001:2015 (QMS) and BS EN ISO14001:2015 (EMS) Certification including aspects specific to the supply of components and equipment to the Retail Industry.
All personnel are to understand the requirements of Harrison Quality and Environmental Management Systems and encouraged to abide with Harrison Policies, Memberships and Certifications as issued from time to time and updated via the Company’s intranet.
- To source costs for, and accurately estimate, live sales enquiries that have been submitted by the Account Managers.
- To deliver projects that the company has secured, within the timescales and profitability levels that have been agreed.
- To facilitate the smooth on-boarding of new customers, ensuring that their requirements are fulfilled in a manner that supports the commercial goals of Harrison.
The job holder is expected to proficiently undertake the following tasks:
- Work with Account Managers to understand initial sales enquiries that come in from customers for non-stocked items.
- Work with the Product Design team to create the best solution for the enquiry.
- Identify the most cost-effective route of supply for the item/components.
- Work with the Purchasing team to source and obtain best costs for items/components.
- Supply Account Managers with sales prices and lead times ready for the Account Managers to quote the customer.
- Take ownership of projects that have been successfully won. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Planning the project in the PM software.
b. Hosting cross-functional meetings with internal and external project stakeholders and setting action points.
c. Taking final responsibility for delivering the project on-time and within budget.
d. Working with internal teams to resolve adverse situations that may occur during the course of the project.
e. Relentlessly pursuing options to increase profitability of the project without impacting the quality of delivery.
- Ensuring the smooth on-boarding of new customers to Harrison. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Planning the on-boarding in the PM software.
b. Hosting cross-functional meetings with internal and external stakeholders and setting action points.
c. Accommodating the customer’s requirements where they are in-line with Harrison’s goals, and resolving any requirements which are not in-line with Harrison’s goals.
- Delegating appropriate tasks to the Project Assistants.
- Achieving personal goals that are set and agreed with your line manager.
- Participating in meetings and activities in a constructive and collaborative manner.
The above list of responsibilities will be reviewed to accurately represent the job role and may be amended as required.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
To carry out the duties above, the following skills, competencies and experiences are necessary:
- Four or more GCSEs at a minimum of grade 4 or C including English. One of these must be a GCSE in Mathematics at a minimum of grade 5 or B, or equivalent qualification.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in using Clickup, Asana or other similar Project Management software.
- 2-3 years of experience in Project Management roles.
- Strong leadership and team management skills and a proven ability to lead cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture. Whilst you are not required to ‘formally’ lead a defined team, the nature of the role will require you to coordinate input from many different departments and team members from across the business.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing project requirements and priorities. Demonstrable ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
The following skills and attributes would be desirable, but not essential, to the fulfilment of the duties:
- Highly motivated and detail orientated.
- Basic vocational skills. Vocational skills are not required for this role in and of itself, but the abilities that are associated with these skills will support the practical estimating element of the role.
- Solution driven mindset with good analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Keen to pick up new challenges and get ‘stuck in’.
- Ability to multitask with good time and project management skills.
- Strong planner with great organisation skills.
- A team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in identifying, assessing, and mitigating project risks. A proactive approach to risk management to ensure successful project outcomes.
Some of the company benefits we offer include:
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 25 days holiday after 5 years’ service)
- A day off on us for your birthday
- 1.5 hour early finish once a month for appointments
- A company-funded health cash plan
- Free lunch and drinks provided daily
- On-site parking
How to Apply
If you’re familiar with the responsibilities listed above and interested in working for Harrison, please don’t hesitate to apply today.
Send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Lead Sophie Egan: Sophie.Egan@harrisonproducts.com