Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours: 39.5 per week (Mon – Thurs: 8:00am – 5:00pm; Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm)
Harrison is an international company positioned at the forefront of the POS and retail display industries. With teams based at our head office and logistics operation in Evesham, we offer a wide range of solutions for retail stores from POS components to innovative bespoke designs.
We believe in challenging the conventional and make sure to echo this in everything we do. We also value the power of authenticity and lead by being transparent, taking responsibility as a business to ensure that the future of retail feels good.
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Logistics Manager to streamline our supply chain operations and ensure smooth and efficient transportation and distribution of goods. As our Logistics Manager, you will play a crucial role in optimising our logistics processes and contributing to the overall success of our organisation.
If you are a dedicated and motivated individual with a passion for logistics and proven experience in managing complex supply chains, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our dynamic team and contribute to the growth and success of Harrison.
Your core responsibilities will include the following:
- Coordinate and manage end-to-end logistics tenders and processes, including transportation, warehousing, inventory management and setup of logistics for new business.
- Develop and implement logistics strategies and processes to optimise efficiency and reduce costs.
- Monitor and analyse logistics performance metrics, identifying areas for improvement and implementing solutions such as integration and automation within processes to improve efficiencies.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of products to customers, in compliance quality and safety standards.
- Ensuring that the team of logistics co-ordinators handle and resolve day to day queries within targeted KPI’s.
- To be the main point of contact within the organisation as the expert in all logistics queries. Ensuring that you stay up to date with industry trends and developments, pro-actively recommending and implementing best practices for the organisation.
- Supporting account managers and internal departments with costing and quotes for customer tenders.
- Proactively identify potential logistics risks and develop contingency plans to mitigate these risks.
- Ensuring all logistics costs are accurately recorded within the ERP system.
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met. Packing List, Commercial invoice, COO
- Ensuring Couriers meet our KPI’s, arranging credits where performance is not satisfactory and ensuring compliance with transportation regulations and international trade requirements.
- Create a Man in Van operation to allow the business to deliver its own goods to key customers.
- Manage and mentor a team of logistics coordinators / Administrators, providing guidance, training, and performance feedback.
The above list of responsibilities will be reviewed to accurately represent the job role and may be amended as required.
To carry out the duties listed above, the following skills, competencies and experiences are necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field.
- Previous experience in logistics management or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of transportation, warehouse, and inventory management best practices.
- Familiarity with ERP and logistics software and systems, such as transportation management systems (TMS) and warehouse management systems (WMS).
- Experience in Air, Sea, and Road freight both in/outbound. EU preferred
- Strong leadership and team management skills with the ability to motivate yourself and others to set and achieve goals.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of international trade regulations and customs procedures
- Proficient IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask, project manage and prioritise your workload
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities, with the ability to adapt to different audiences.
- The ability to build and develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Professional certifications in logistics or supply chain management (e.g., Certified Supply Chain Professional – CSCP) are a plus.
This job description outlines the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Some of the company benefits we offer include:
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 25 days holiday after 5 years’ service)
- A day off on us for your birthday
- 1.5 hour early finish once a month for appointments
- A company-funded health cash plan
- Free lunch and drinks provided daily
- On-site parking
The Company operates Quality and Environmental Management Systems that has BS EN ISO9001:2015 (QMS) and BS EN ISO14001:2015 (EMS) Certification including aspects specific to the supply of components and equipment to the Retail Industry.
All personnel are to understand the requirements of Harrison Quality and Environmental Management Systems and encouraged to abide with Harrison Policies, Memberships and Certifications as issued from time to time and updated via the Company’s intranet.
How to Apply
If you’re familiar with the responsibilities listed above and interested in working for Harrison, please don’t hesitate to apply today.
Send your CV and a covering letter to our HR Lead Sophie Egan: Sophie.Egan@harrisonproducts.com